Our wedding day was a blast. Period. It was everything we wanted it to be: meaningful, relaxing and a killer party!
We took our wedding photos around Oakland (the old Parkway Theater, Lee’s Garden and the Leviathan building) to reflect our love for our city & the vibe of our whole big day!
Okay, here’s a little secret: we had our guests go to a cheese & coffee hour (so nice to have friends who work at Blue Bottle!) at the church while we ESCAPED. We snuck out the back of the church & jetted over to the reception site, so we could greet the guests as they came in. Plus, it gave me a few minutes to catch my breath & adjust – this made ALL the difference throughout the rest of the evening.
Our goal for the reception? A BANGIN’ party (on a budget). I think we succeeded.
This venue was such a score – seriously! How gorgeous is it?
Our guests loved our photobooth – they got to take home their prints as a souvenir!
My big splurge for the wedding was the DJ. We knew we wanted a bonkers dance party, and boy oh boy, did he deliver!
That’s my mom & aunt teaching everyone the “Gangnam Style” dance. Definitely one of the best moments of the night.
What an unforgettable day! Not only did my life change forever as R&S became official, but that was the greatest party I’ve ever thrown.
And now, at long last, a shout-out to ALL my incredible vendors!!!
- Event Planning and Design: House of Colour
- Photography: Nick Chavez
- Ceremony Venue: Regeneration Church
- Reception Venue: Cerruti Cellars
- Florals: Lyal Nickals
- Catering: RoliRoti
- Drinks: Cerruti Cellars (wine) & Groom (cocktails)
- DJ: Eric Trine
- Photobooth: Andrew Hao
- Dessert: Bride’s Aunt (cake) & Beckmanns Bakery (pies)
- Logo & Invitation Design: Elizabeth Zanzinger
- Bride’s Dress & Shoes: BHLDN
- Bride’s Veil: Made by Mother
- Groom’s Tux/Shirt: Calvin Klein/English Laundry
- Groom’s Bowtie: The Tie Room
Let’s do it again for our 10-year anniversary!!!